Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Being a Mom is the best!

This was my first year of officially being "Mom". And it has been the best year so far. And to top it all off, I have an amazing husband to help me celebrate Mothers Day!
When I woke up on Mothers Day, I was sick as a dog. I swear it always happens that I'm sick on days I should be celebrating. But just walking downstairs made me forget about my sickness completly, because I woke to my wonderful husband and son holding Mothers Day cards for me!



Sean knows me well enough to get me a Visa Gift Card for Mothers Day instead of trying to "figure me out" and guess what I would like! So now I get to go treat myself to whatever it is I decide!

After the boys gave me my cards, I decided to sleep off my sickness and went back to bed!! I slept for a good portion of the day. Probably not the best way to spend Mothers Day, but with how I felt, it was the best way I could think of!



After waking and getting myself presentable, we decided to take William to the park for the very first time! I was so glad it was a nice sunny day, but apparently everyone else in Layton and Kaysville had the same ideas as we did because the parks were packed! We couldn't find an empty one that had swings, so we settled for Ponds Park in Kaysville and I'm guessing it was a great choice. Because William LOVES the slides!











But the funny thing is, it wasn't just William that had a great time. Sean was like a little kid running from toy to toy!





After the park, we were lucky to have the Dickson's invite us for Mothers Day dinner with their family. Well, I guess we should say, our second family!! Sean practically lived there growing up, and we are doing the same now! We love the family, and are so grateful to be so welcomed by all of them!

It truely was the greatest day. I am so lucky to have the family that I do, and to have the oportunity of being a Mom. Day after day I wonder how I was chosen to have this amazing life and have the family that I do.

I hope that everyone's Mothers Day was as great as mine!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great Mother's Day! Your little one is seriously adorable! Love the park pictures!! We love Ponds Park, it's one of JJ's favorite parks!!

    ReplyDelete