Sunday, February 12, 2012

Viva Las Vegas

Most of my posts here on the blog are about the kiddos, even though the title states otherwise. So, we are going to change that!! This one's about ME!

Last month, I got a very unexpected invite on Facebook for a random trip to...Las Vegas! Seriously, I wouldn't have cared who was inviting me at the time, I probably would have jumped on board with just about anyone. Can you say "Mommy Break"? But to make the sound of vacation even better, it was with my amazing girlfriends from high school. 

I haven't seen most of these girls in almost 8 years (Wow, I'm old!) and mainly just keep in touch thru facebook and blogs. Although I feel like I know everything about them, thanks to technology, I was frightened things might be awkward with the time that had passed. Senior year was a rough year for me, and I was scared that this trip may take me back to that hard time in my life.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

The weekend should have started with a blunt warning that we would not be mature nor ladylike all weekend long!

We got there late on Friday night, and stayed until Tuesday morning. Unfortunately AmyLyn and Kim weren't able to stay til Tuesday, but did convince their husbands into letting them stay until Monday!
We crammed as much as we could into that short amount of time. Temple Saturday afternoon followed by lunch and then an AMAZING opportunity to see The Phantom of the Opera that night.





After dinner we walked thru the shops at the Venetian and ate dinner at a little cafe. These pictures prove our immaturity!






I'm truely in love with our group pictures from the weekend!








We also went to the aquarium, shopping, ate A LOT, and watched the water shows at the Belagio. But most of all, we just laughed, cried, and had the time of our lives.

Is it February 2013 yet?!





No comments:

Post a Comment