Monday, August 17, 2015

Will's First Day of 1st Grade

Well this may be a bit of picture overload...but I just can't decide which ones are my favorite!!

I honestly can't believe that he is almost 6 and already in 1st grade. Today snuck up on me, and not just in the sentimental sense. I didn't realize that today was the first day of school until last week when we ripped off the July calendar and there it was on the calendar. I had less than a week and a half's warning and so many things I still wanted to do with my kids before vacation ended. Well.....we didn't do any of them! We spent every day just like the others. Running around for hours in the dirt and heat, a few hours here and there at the pool, fighting with friends and pouting about bed time. That was pretty much our time before today hit.....and then just like that, we are back into a routine, he's gone for 7 hours a day and I keep eyeing the door waiting for him to come bursting in thru the front door and give me a hug before running back out to play.
I miss the little guy...a lot. I know I need to let him grow up...but it's hard.


























No comments:

Post a Comment